If you are a fresh law graduate or a licensed and experienced lawyer and are looking for an opportunity for personal and professional growth in a dynamic law firm with a superior work environment, then AZAM & RAI may be the law firm for you. The Firm believes in taking care of its lawyers by offering training and support to assist in career development, and by providing competitive compensation and benefits.
AZAM & RAI
recruits purely on merit and believes in equality of opportunity as our success depends on recruiting the best talent and nurturing it. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality service and, if you join us, we look forward to developing and broadening your skills. We lay stress on team work as well as individual responsibility and our policy is to give direct responsibility to our team members for the work assigned to them.
To be successful at AZAM & RAI , you must possess:
- a zeal for learning;
- a stamina for perseverance;
- a passion for excellence;
- a tolerance for discipline;
- a drive to succeed; and
- a patience for success.
AZAM & RAI is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, caste, race, colour, creed, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation or national origin.
AZAM & RAI recruits both (i) fresh law graduates and (ii) licensed and experienced lawyers.
I. Fresh Law Graduates
Who may apply?
Fresh law graduates with a Bachelor/Master of Laws degree with minimum Second Division/Class from a university recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and the Punjab Bar Council.
Age Bracket for Entry: 21 to 29 years of age
AZAM & RAI has laid down the following pre-determined career path for fresh law graduates who are recruited by the Firm:
|First Month||Intern||1 month|
|After 1 Month as an Intern||Trainee||3 months|
|After 3 Months as a Trainee||Junior Associate||8 months|
|After 8 Months as a
|After 5 Years as an Associate||Senior Associate||3 Years|
|After 3 Years as a||Senior Associate||Either:|
|(i) continue as
|(ii) become a Partner||Not fixed|
II. Licensed & Experienced Lawyers
Who may apply?
Lawyers holding a Lower Courts License from the Punjab Bar Council and/or a High Court License from any Provincial Bar Council in Pakistan.
Age Bracket for Entry: 25 to 35 years of age
Licensed lawyers applying to the Firm, if selected, will be recruited directly as Associates and their salary will depend on their expertise, experience and qualifications. They will follow the same career path indicated above for Associates.
Notwithstanding the above, in order to qualify as an Associate, a candidate must have/obtain a Lower Courts License from the Punjab Bar Council and, in order to qualify as a Senior Associate, a candidate must have/obtain a High Court License from any Provincial Bar Council in Pakistan.
Completion of one level does not automatically entitle one to promotion to the next level. Each promotion is the sole discretion of the Firm and will be considered on individual merit, which will depend on competence and performance.
AZAM & RAI has an “up-or-out” policy – a lawyer either progresses upwards on the career ladder or is asked to leave the Firm – stagnation is not permitted.
If you are interested in applying to AZAM & RAI , please follow and adhere to the guidelines prescribed below:
- Candidates should submit their CVs/Résumés either via e-mail or post under a covering e-mail or letter. Please do not adopt any other mode of submission.
- CVs/Résumés submitted without a covering letter or e-mail or a under a covering e-mail that is bulk e-mailed to other law firms will not be considered.
- CVs/Résumés should contain at least the following information about the candidate:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Contact information (including residential address, telephone, cell phone and e-mail)
- Professional qualifications, if any (bar enrollments, law licenses, etc.)
- Professional affiliations, if any (bar memberships, etc.)
- Work experience (including designation, period of employment and employer’s name)
- Academic qualifications, year obtained and marks/classification;
- Academic achievements
- Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, if any
- Publications, if any
- Hobbies, interests, non-professional activities, etc.
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Candidates should not visit the Firm for recruitment purposes until and unless they are called in by the Firm for an interview.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by the Firm for interview and will be informed of their prospects within seven (7) days of the interview.
Notwithstanding the above, the Firm reserves the right to:
- recall a candidate for a second interview;
- require a candidate to submit references in his/her favour;
- require a candidate to answer a questionnaire and/or undergo a written test;
- require a candidate to submit examples of his/her writing;
- reject a candidate’s application without notification and without assigning any reason.
All CVs/Résumés submitted to the Firm are treated as confidential, whether or not the candidate is selected.
Due to the large volume of CVs/Résumés that we receive, we regret that we cannot reply individually to each applicant regarding the status of their application nor acknowledge receipt of applications.
Generally, if you apply to our Firm and do not hear from us within thirty (30) days, it is unlikely that we will be recruiting you in the near future. However, this does not mean that we will never recruit you. All CVs/Résumés submitted to us are kept in our record for one year. Candidates who remain on our database may be sought again for future positions as part of our recruitment process and you can always re-apply. However, please do not apply twice in the same calendar year.
If you are interested in joining us, please e-mail us your CV/Résumé under a covering e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Job Application” or, alternatively, send us your CV/Résumé by post under a covering letter to:
AZAM & RAI
Advocates & Legal Consultants
3/9 Fane Road